Sunday, January 25, 2009

Echoes


I woke up this morning to this playing in my head:



Salagadoola mechicka boola
Bibbidi bobbodi boo


Sound familiar?
I had a Disney record with all the Disney songs on it, when I must have been 3 or 4, and a little record player that I listened to it on. I also clearly remember Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. And the funny thing is that when I say Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious, I HEAR IT IN MY HEAD AS MUSIC! Anyway.


Here's the whole song:


Salagadoola mechicka boola
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola mechicka boola
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

It'll do magic believe it or not
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola means mechicka booleroo
But the thingmabob that does the job is
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Salagadoola mechicka boola
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi

bibbidi-bobbidi

bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

In my book, some nonsense words and a little make believe can go a long way. When did we get too sophisticated for that?

4 comments:

  1. Cinderella rocks!!! We still have some 45s and some LPs...all Disney.

    I was a big Carpenter's fan and am still obsessed with them.

    but getting back to Cinderella...I imagine myself as a grandmother very much like the fairy god mother...just not as fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cinderella! We used to have a little record player like that too and had a record of the Disney Parade theme music. LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a set of those albums. I knew every song wrord for word. Loved them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin