Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Petunia, the pot and the pachysandra

I have neglected the flower gardening in favor of tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. Update: something, probably the squirrels, have eaten my chives right down to the roots.

Take heart, I do have some flowers besides my beloved hydrangeas. Meet the petunia - first bloom.
_MG_0793

This is the petunia pot. I like this photo despite it's mundane subject, probably because it says Italy, and I saw lots of terracotta in Italy. This is also the pot that I picked up on the side of the street that someone was throwing away. There were a stack of pots, as a matter of fact, and I had to carry them and handle two robust golden retrievers. My shoulder may never be the same.


_MG_0794

The petunia is in it's pot on the iron table to the left below. But the point of this photo is to show you the odd growing pattern of the pachysandra. I've puzzled over that, and had a sneaking suspicion. And, the other night, I was validated: We walked to the back yard and Gus made a beeline for this spot, flopped down and began to roll. I was just in time to save the hosta.

Tim the Landscaper will not be pleased.

_MG_0800

4 comments:

  1. The good, the bad, and the ugly of gardening. Poor Gus...he will not be Tim's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo is wonderful. It's hard to get those shots, at least for me. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petunias are plentiful in my garden right now. Marigolds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the shot of the pot. SSG has some petunias ... she thinks. (SSG is not v.v. good at gardening)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin