Wednesday, June 10, 2009

'mater watch 2009

You knew when I started this first time in-town, front yard, vegetable gardening thing I was going to inflict it on you, didn't you? Well, I didn't want to let you down.


_MG_0745




_MG_0748



These tomatoes are surprisingly attractive in a sci-fi kind of way, aren't they?

This next one is not technically part of 'mater watch...it's the first vegetable to have formed, though and I thought that got it a place in today's post. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

the baby jalapeno! (and it's siblings)


_MG_0749



I know, it'll be over soon. Just be glad it isn't vacation slides. Here's the first bell pepper ( I planted green, red and yellow).


_MG_0751



Here's a reward for hanging in all this way. A lovely lace cap hydrangea blossom...you know, I could've called this the blue and green post.


_MG_0753

Check back next week for the update to 'mater watch 2009: will a cutworm attack the vines? will Molly remember to fertilize? and what about those passing dogs? oh, the drama!

4 comments:

  1. SUCH A CLIFF HANGER! SSG can't stand the suspense!! And those tomatoes and peppers? YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sci-fi is a good way to describe them. Great shots.

    I love home grown tomatoes. You can't beat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to sit on your porch and eat fresh tomato sandwiches and drink tea.

    Let me know when they're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! I really need to go to the farmers market soon! I love home grown over store bought any day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin