Saturday, June 27, 2009

North Facing Window

One thing there hasn't been much of in my photo portfolio is portraits. So when a friend needed some informal candids, I jumped at the chance.


I put her in a chair in front of a north facing window.




Tried to make her comfortable and used my fake photographer's laugh. Or did I? Maybe I just said something goofy.



Things were going well.



Then she asked "do you know what you're doing?"





Then I showed her the shots in the camera.




But really, it wasn't me, it was the subject.





5 comments:

  1. Those are great! I need for you to take some of Rob. He just gives me a goofy grin when I try to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! , gentle and very personable looking photo's, I bet she loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one is perfect! She looks so natural and relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good photos. I agree with Gretchen, she looks very relaxed - not posed.

    Two questions:
    1. Why a north facing window?
    2. How did the grapes taste?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Light from a north facing window is not harsh. It provides a glow that is flattering...the grapes were yummy and retained their fresh fruit texture. Everyone who's tried them has loved them.

    Kudos to Molly Wizenberg (original source and Smitten Kitchen!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin