Monday, June 22, 2009

Cooking Therapy

When the going gets tough, the tough get...cooking? Yep, that's right. It's the therapy of choice when work gets a little much. So tonight, a recipe I've been imagining ever since I read about it. But let's go back to the beginning, shall we?


I am reading the book by Molly Wizenberg who posts the blog Orangette. And I read the blog called Smitten Kitchen. So in SK's blog she posted about a recent obsession with grapes. That she got from a Molly Wizenberg/Orangette recipe.

Oh-ho, not just any grapes. Red, seedless grapes combined with peppercorns. Cinnamon. Mustard seeds.

Interested yet? Read on.


White wine vinegar. Sugar.

Does anyone else see the Rorshach test below?



Pour brine over grapes in two pint jars.


Refrigerate for 8 hours at least.

Then, Yum.


I'll let you know about the grapes tomorrow.


Update: ohyesohyesohyes! The pickles are delicious and would be great with cheese...of course, they are good on their own. I will be taking a sample to the office tomorrow to get opinions.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love both of those ladies! I have yet to pick up Molly's book, but it's on the list! I also need to get to her hubby's new pizza place when I'm up in Seattle this summer! Hope they turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 8 hours of sousing (don't you love the word souse?), the grapes are delicious...can't wait to get home tonight and taste them. They should be fully soused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to see how these turn out. I just love red grapes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin