Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Scenes

Blogdom seems to include a great many theme days: Wordless Wednesday, Ten Word Tuesday, Morbid Monday no wait, that's another one of my ideas, Skywatch Friday and the list goes on.


Never wanting to be exactly like everyone else, I've been waiting for some inspiration for a way to feature photos from my neighborhood and those nearby. It finally hit me: Sunday Scenes. or Scene on Sunday. No, Sunday Scenes. That way I can take the picture any old time, and put it up on Sunday. Scene on Sunday would imply I found it on Sunday, ran over, took the picture and scurried back to put it up on the blog.


I assure you, nothing nor nobody never moves that quickly on a Sunday at my house. And probably never will. Except for when I go to the early service in December to see the babies put on the Christmas story.


Anyway, without further adieu. Adieu? a-do? to-do? atchoo! Please excuse me, fall allergies are the worst.


This is a home in my neighborhood that always dresses up for the holidays. And since it's up from the road, I think it looks like it's the featured house on this particular street. This is not the best angle, but it was the only one I could get given the parking on the side of the street I needed to be on, and as I hope you have realized by now, It's All About Me. If you click on the photo, you can get a better sense of all the detail. There's fall color in the window boxes, a beautiful wreath, pumpkins on the steps and landing and the cornstalks have some sort of white that I can't identify but looks nice. You know, maybe they have included some cotton with the cornstalks.


I don't think there will be so many words from now on in Sunday Scenes, but I'm not promising anything.




1 comment:

  1. I loooooove strolling neighborhoods and looking at houses. Especially the fun people who decorate ... because SSG um, doesn't. Please keep talking about Italy--Tuscany and Umbria are on my list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin