Friday, July 31, 2009

Two for $20

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. My sister, her girls and I took her out for a celebratory supper. We chose Chili's because they have a special - I'm sure you've seen it: 2 people get an appetizer to share, each get a meal and get a dessert to share--all for $20.

I was surprised how it made the whole table engaged with each other. Rather than everyone disappearing behind big menus to each pick our own oversized entrees, we all worked together to coordinate appetizers (which ones looked the best?), meals and especially desserts (I want chocolate! no, not white chocolate!).

Because there were 4 adult appetites (3 adults and a tween!) we guessed there would be plenty to share with my 4 YO niece...and of course there was more than enough.

After supper, we repaired to HomeGoods to do some shopping. Mother found herself a ceramic chicken cookie jar (all I will say is it's huge, and brightly colored), I found some pillows and my sister found some shopping bags. I love that store. Their lamp selection is so fabulous.

It was a fun evening. Happy Birthday, Mother.

3 comments:

  1. That does sound like a lot of fun!!! We like to hit Chili's or Applebee's up for their good deals!

    Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue nail polish!
    Happy birthday to mum! and many more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin