Sunday, July 26, 2009

GadZukes!

Well, here we are again. Sunday evening. The weekend is over, and what do I have to show for it?

Good friends and good food on Friday evening (after I went to spin class, thank you very much). And I made cucumber salad on Saturday, and made one trip in the car to get a few groceries.

Today, I made zucchini bread. And grilled a hanger steak - if you haven't yet, it's the most tender steak I've ever sliced. It's also called the butcher steak because for a long time it was the butcher's secret. And I grilled the leftover zucchini to go with my steak.


Isn't it amazing how a little chemistry can change the zucchini below (top) ...

into this tasty morsel? I found the recipe at Smitten Kitchen, and you should try it.


Too, I read more of my Monster of Florence book (a serial killer case captivates an American author who moved to Florence after becoming successful) and started the reorganization of the studio. Of course, I was distracted by marinating the hanger steak. And then I was sidetracked by making the zucchini bread. Then I needed to water the peppers and tomatoes. And drop off some of the cucumber salad, zucchini bread and a fresh tomato for my mother.

So the studio is a complete shambles.

I'll worry about it tomorrow. After The Closer.

Maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Your "bread" looks so beautiful made in the pound cake pan! I want to make some so badly, so I will run and check this recipe out. I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that PLUS working on the ME Award which is going to be the envy of every blogger in town!

    I'm heading out for some zucchini. This bread looks much more appetizing than the glob I made last week.

    Some people work in a pristine environment. Personally I think a "studio in shambles" spells creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Studio in shambles? Is there any other kind? I do wish I had a slice of that bread right now - it would be sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great...Day 1 of my eating plan and I mosie (or is it mozy/moisie/mo-Z...whatever!) over to this and see the Z bread. (I'm not even trying it without a dictionary. :) LOOKS WONDERFUL...although I can only have it in its natural state *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin