Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Gate

_MG_0573




The gate has a tenuous grasp on the right fencepost. I've resorted to putting an old dog lead around the left fencepost and gate so it doesn't just lie down in a light breeze and become a door mat for the dogs. And Gus or Cotton could bring down the whole house of cards by jumping up and placing front feet against the gate just to look out, providing more than enough reason for the hinge to abandon all claim to the fencepost.



It is one of the things that Tim is going to repair.



But one thing led to another and our schedules to get started haven't meshed.


Then, Tim lost his eldest son in a car wreck, just a couple of weeks ago. Tim and his wife are devastated, and their lives will never be the same.



Seems to me we're all like that gate, with the most tenuous of holds on life.
The slightest push or pull can changes things forever, and the gate is thrown open.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for Tim and his family. Isn't it comforting to know that no matter how those things push and pull that God has a plan, and He will use all of those things for our good and His Glory!

    You should listen to this...
    http://deathisnotdying.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I am SO sorry for Tim and his family : ( I do not like tragedy one bit. Not one iota. I say we veto it 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your symbolism here and yes...you are very correct.

    I am so sorry for Tim and his family. My heart is just breaking for them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin