Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exposed!

...and saw...


and......

saw....


NOTHING! But I heard he/she/it. Hulls continued to fall around me. The dogs cowered by the back door, not wanting to get hit in the head with a whole nut.

By now I'm sure you've figured it out. It's an army of squirrels. They don't care how long I have to be at work only to come home to a deck I can't even walk across. No, not them. They just care about feasting on hickory nuts.

Here's my mental picture of one of the footsoldiers of this awful army. I didn't take this picture, but I did alter it. I feel it fairly reflects the foul fiend ( I read this in Jane Austen and have wanted to work it in somehow).



What's a girl to do? My brother and his arsenal are not handy. Plus I think the neighbors would notice me firing away over here with limbs falling off the tree and Rambosquirrel here laughing away from a zillion feet out of reach.

I fear I am going to have to live as a virtual prisoner, until the feral cats get him or the hickory nuts run out.


"here, kitty kitty. nice kitty..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin