Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trimming the Tree

Sunday, I trimmed the tree. Not that I finished all decorating, for some reason it's taking me a while to get it all done. Still, let's be thankful for small things.
I got this from a store I loved but it went out of business.


This one made me laugh, especially as Gus slept the entire day away.




See the resemblance?




These are two I got from my B and SIL shortly after they married. I love them.



This one is just fun. It's a Whimble. I think.



This one was a gift.




And this was a sale special that I loved the colors of. It reminds me of the little cardboard villages lit by Christmas lights from my childhood. And Martha Stewart Living had the instructions for how to make one of those villages, but I either threw away the magazine by mistake, or lost it.







These are just a few of the ornaments I have-in fact it's only the ornaments that lent themselves to being photographed in poor light at 10:30pm at night.
So many ornaments, so few Christmas trees.


3 comments:

  1. You can find the village directions at marthastewart.com. If the kids were all a bit older we would make them for you. I think Metz would eat all the glitter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tree and really amazing collection of ornaments. I am glad that you shared this with us.

    So, how are things there in your end of the financial world?

    I have missed you a lot! I hope you are having a nice holiday.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't take that precious puppy face. Fisher's friend Wrigley left last night and she has slept ALL DAY. And the ornaments are beautiful too! Don't you love the memories that are tied to each of them?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin