Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Today's Mother's birthday. We will gather this weekend for the actual celebration. I hope at my house, because I've got some wicked rib sauce for the gang to try on the country style ribs. And I think there will be cake or cupcakes...
Anyway - check this pose out, and the beautiful smile. And the southpaw, which my brother inherited.
My mother likes to paint, sew, draw, read, write, play scrabble, and hang out at the pool. She loves blue painted furniture, the old chippy kind which has character, she says. She LOVES the grandchildren. She's always working on something to give someone. At Christmas I got a handmade purse from felted wool. The way the wool was cut from the sweater was quite clever - I don't think I would have been able to take advantage of the pattern of the sweater it was made from. I am quite taken with it.
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Laverne/Mother/Grandma
Happy birthday to you!

1 comment:

  1. Now that picture is the Laverne I remember with great joy. Never could we have imagined at that point , what paths our lives would take.
    And in the past 50 (ouch did I say 50) or so years since then, an occasional memory or thought would never have made me know how great it has been to reconnect and share parts of our past and hopes for the future. Life is good, past: we made it through; present, we're okay compared to many; future: who knows, perhaps the best is yet to be. Happy Today Laverne
    Love Ya, Anne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin