Sunday, July 13, 2008

Daydreaming

Happily, we are getting rain in Atlanta for the second Sunday in a row. Plus there were afternoon showers during the past week. So, I'm happy about the rain, but I'm dreaming of the beach. This is the view from the chair I spent the better part of two weeks in. It was wonderful. Notice the crowds? The traffic? The people on cell phones? Of course not. That's why it was wonderful! In fact, there was only one telephone line from the mainland to the island. Frequently it had a pelican sitting on it.
This was St. George Island, near Apalachicola. I went into Apalachicola often enough to scratch the shopping/browsing itch and to visit the bookstore. It is my retirement dream. Or one of them. Operating a small bookstore on the coast.


I think I'm going to have to investigate another trip to the beach. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin