Sunday, July 6, 2008

Canine decorating


One of the things I loved about this house when I looked at it the first time was the bathroom tile. I'd never seen a pattern quite like it-it creates a basket weave effect. I worked very hard to decorate around that tile, determined to enjoy it as long as I could since it has to be at least 30 years old. When the landscapers worked in the back yard, there were bits of broken tile that tell me the floor has been redone at least once, and the house was built in 1930ish. Anyway, aside from the towel that is askew and the random coat hanger, this room is one of my favorites. It's also Gus'. When we go for a walk and he wants to cool off, he goes to the bathroom floor. When I shower, he lies on the floor against the wall, just like this. When I can't find him anywhere else, I look in the bathroom and there he is on the floor. What I didn't realize until I snapped this shot is how nicely he coordinates with the room. Better even than the bath mat he has shoved out of his way.

Now I know: I can use Gus to match towels and bathmats. I will borrow one from the store, run out to the car, and check it against his fur for a match.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! i like your decorating/matching scheme....he is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin