Sunday, August 15, 2010

Something Old & Something New

These are mostly unread books, hence the something old in the title.  I grounded myself until I could get the backlog I have read.  And then I heard about Cutting for Stone.  But that's the only new one, I promise.  And the ones in the back are ones I've already read.  And I finished another one from my backlog this weekend - The Man from Beijing by Henning Mankel.  He's Swedish and has been writing books long before we ever heard of Steig Larson or The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.


I've picked up The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane twice and haven't been able to sink into it. But I heard good things about it, so I'm going to try again. Has anyone read Tinker's?  It came highly recommended. And Cutting for Stone got good reviews, and has been touted frequently on Books on the Nightstand (a books podcast).

In the back on the left is a stack that includes a book about the Mississippi Flood. And one on Mania, Panics and something that I bought to read on the strength of seeing it on BookTV. That was before the market fell apart last year.  I've skimmed it enough to find that markets are cyclical. 




This is my something new - my mom made me a camera strap for my birthday.  Isn't it great?  It slides over the standard issue Canon strap and jazzes things up a bit.



TTFN,

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin