Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Anticipation


One of my favorite movies is You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.  The scene where they are panning down a NY neighborhood street and extolling the virtues of Fall, and Meg Ryan's character says something about "bouquets of sharpened pencils" captures how I feel about Fall and school supplies.

This sign in downtown Atlanta reminded me of that movie. Her book store, The Shop Around the Corner and this lunch stand, Just Around the Corner are both tucked into their respective neighborhoods, waiting to be discovered by passersby on foot.

The movie also talks about email, and how the characters look forward to that AOL announcement "you've got mail" when they log in.  That's how I feel right now waiting on mail from my pen pals.  I wonder if mine have arrived, if they lived up to the first time anticipation.  I have two orders of fun cards and postcards on their way to use and then I can send a second round of mail to the first two and a first round to a new pen pal.

Hurry up, Ms. Postal Carrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin