Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Impatien


Have you ever noticed that impatiens have an iridescence on the petals?  I hadn't until this weekend.  And I love impatiens.  The first time I remember seeing them was in a small concrete planter next to a friend's front door.  They were all a fuscia color.  Later I found a dark coral color that I love but can't seem to find these days.


I don't think there's been a year since that time in the late 80's that I haven't had impatiens in a pot or border. 

It's amazing to me that this bloom has been battered by the wind and thunderstorms and burned by the heat, but continues to blaze away.  Jon Katz would call this putting your lips to the world, I think.

Hope you find some sparkle in your day.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew impatiens were sparkly. I agree - I always smile when I see borders full of these pretty blossoms.
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin