Thursday, August 20, 2009

Heirloom

This is one of the heirloom tomatoes I planted. It's my favorite - I believe it's Mortgage Lifter (I I forgot to look this morning as I was leaving). See how it's meaty and there isn't very much of that watery seed stuff? It's good fresh. In a salad. But mostly in a sandwich. With mayo and black pepper. That's as far as I've gotten. It's so good I don't want to wait to cook it. So I say try those heirloom varieties. They've produced fruit like this with little care. Just some watering.

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I've come back to an old friend. How are you, Molly? I LOVE, LOVE fresh tomatoes and this one looks awesome! I'll remember your advice.

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, Miss Molly, this tomato looks fit for a queen. I don't know exactly what heirloom variety means but I will check it out. I've had little to no success with my Topsy Turvy tomato plant growing. I think my starter plant had a blight of some sort. Probably better that we got no fruit from the wrinkled looking vine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! Love nothing better on a sandwich..I am waiting for my Mr. Stripey to ripen. I check it daily..yumm! After my successful tests with containers this summer, I am planting heirlooms next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a lovely tomato sammie this afternoon with mayo, salt, and a little fresh cracked pepper on plain white bread...it was so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly,

    Just wanted to come over and say hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Love the tomato shot. I hope to see you around again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin