Monday, August 24, 2009

Good Use for Junk Mail

A use for junk mail? I know, amazing, huh? I was catching up on my blog reading this weekend and came across one by Secret Agent Josephine where she made postcards from her junk mail.

Now, SAJ's junk cards are much more professional looking than mine, but still. Despite the fact that I had just that morning tossed a good bit of junk mail, probably the best of it, I was inspired to stop immediately and make some postcards. Luckily, there was a stack I hadn't gotten to yet that had catalogs in it.


These are my efforts. Oh, and I learned that if you make them 6" x 4.25" they require 28 cents of postage. If you make them bigger, they require 44 cents of postage. Mine are bigger, because I didn't want to do much math and started with a 9" x 12" piece of artist paper (when you cut that in half both ways, you get 4.5" x 6", voila).

The last one is my favorite. I think this is going to stay in the repertoire...it's much easier to start and finish, so when I need an artsy/craftsy fix this can be it.


There are some loose edges, so I may mod podge this lot. If you want to see one of these in your mailbox, email me your snail mail address, and it will be yours. Or if you do some, we could swap.
Have a fun Monday!

P.S. Hello, DH, I hear you read daily and am happy to know that!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh la la!
    This looks like a lot of cutting - not to mention the pasting. The kind of thing I could get lost in. Except what I call art, others might call a big fat ugly mess!
    You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin