Friday, April 11, 2008

Long Day (Oct 4, 2007)

Well, I made it. It was a long day--still is. We got on the plane Tuesday at 4, and had supper at 7, and because Italy is 6 hours ahead, I was having breakfast when my body thought it was 2 am.After a near miss connecting in Rome, we arrived in Florence, picked up our car and began driving to our first hotel. The scenery is gorgeous...hills, twisty roads and thin cedar trees, the classic Tuscan scenery. We had lunch 2 kilometers up the road--it was delicious. It was also named Il Mulino, just the same as the restaurant that is going in to our office building.




Now we are back at the hotel, we are going to have supper here tonight. Which is good, because I don't think I can stay awake much longer!Attached is a picture of the view from my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin