Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recommendations

I recently enjoyed two books and a movie enough to share them with you.

First, A Discovery of Witches.  I once stumbled into Diana Gabaldon's Outlander and loved it.  This reminded me of that but with a totally different premise.  I was totally transported. 


Next, the Informationist.  Think Jack Reacher, only in female form. 




And finally, the movie.  I pick all sorts of random movies to watch and many times they're nothing special.  But this was.  It was based on a real story of a man who threw his funeral party before he died and attended it.  Of course, where else could this happen but  in the South?  Robert Duvall.  Sissy Spacek.  Bill Murray.  Need I say more?



If you read or watch these, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin