Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nostalgia

The other day I was visiting my friend, Maria. We stood in her kitchen admiring the china/crystal place setting her daughter selected...she had put it out for the in-laws-to-be's visit.  I turned and saw a punch of coral red among the ivy in her back yard.

Spider lilies!



It instantly took me back to my grandparent's home in Troy.  To the front corner of the front yard, to be precise.  Each September spider lilies would materialize overnight.




It was magic.


So Monday morning I went out to take out the trash.  The bin is on the side of the house.  The side with the ivy.

And I found my own spider lily, just one, growing in the ivy on the side of the house.




It felt like a visit from my grandmother.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love it when Grandmother's walk in , give a big hug and remind you how much you are loved.

    It happens almost every time I see a red bird sitting out on the bird feeder, as if waiting to catch my eye!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin