Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bird Watching

So, after being out of sight for a while, this guy turned back up and brought all his feathers this time. I know it's him because he has this special way of bullying that the other cardinals don't.


He brought a friend.  See him?




The friend is a heavy drinker.


Okay, check out those tiny little feet.  I don't understand how he's hanging on.



We've been promised rain today.  In fact, one forecast said it would start yesterday (it didn't) and continue through Monday.  It's been a long time since it rained.  My grass is mostly brown, the hydrangeas are wilted and as much as I'm ready for rain for my yard, I'm ready for a rainy day for me.  I've always liked rainy days. They're refreshing somehow.  

1 comment:

  1. Ditto about the rain. In fact, you've reminded me to turn on the sprinklers!

    I thought hummingbirds ate on the fly. Look at this guy resting like he's at a bar in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin