Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Picture is Worth...



a thousand words degrees.  I shot this around 9:30 this morning.  It's morning light and it already has a shimmering, hazy quality.

Last night was a mini-celebration of my mother's birthday, just she and I, take out with berries over angel food cake.  Tonight is dinner with friends and tomorrow the larger family celebration.  We've decided on painting pottery together and walking across the street later for gelato.

Today  I plan to use the afternoon to catch up on my craft class.  The shades are drawn to keep out the heat of the sun...I love that burrowed-in feeling.  As long as there's air conditioning.

I must be pretty suggestible.  I watched a PBS show on the food of Lebanon this week and suggested we visit a persian restaurant for supper this evening. But who could turn down fresh hummus, falafel or lamb kebobs? 

I signed up for a snail mail pen pal on the Shutter Sisters site...and I got two!  However, my post card order (using my photography) hadn't arrived when I needed to send my first mail.  So I used a couple of cards I made.  I love snail mail, but never really get any.  I am resolved to mail more to people.

Hope your weekend includes a summer breeze.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE snail mail!
    Send me your address and I'll be your pen pal too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin