Friday, July 2, 2010

Whirr of a Fan



What do you see in your mind's eye when you think of summer? 

Picture Summer began yesterday, and this is my Day 1 shot.  It also happens to be the only part of my mildew infested porch that I can show you.  Just keeping it real. 

Today's prompt is something involving water, and after days of hoping for rain, it is raining.

Coincidence?

Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.



Emma Bull

Have you read any Emma Bull books?  I read one called Territory, I think.  It's science fiction about the west.  Can't wait for the second of the series.
 
And in other news, my hummingbird feeder has been assiduously dissed by hummingbirds.  Woodpeckers, on the other hand, have bellied up to the bar.
 
 
I didn't catch any action shots because I was standing there flat footed and slack jawed, but it went something like dip beak, tilt back head, dip beak, tilt back head.  It went on long enough that tiny bubbles rose in the bottle.
 
Oh, and the face I saw in the car window yesterday was the face from the 1970s version of Wooly Willie or Hairy Gary.  You know the one with the face behind a sealed plastic cover with metal shavings - and you used your magnetic wand to deposit shavings whereever you wanted hair to be.  It also looks like a Marvel comics thug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin