Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Bullets

So far, today, as of 9:05 am:

  • Gus and Cotton have been outside 3 times since 7 am
  • I've taken 75 or so pictures ( lovelovelove digital). the cardinal below is for Merry, sorry it's fuzzy


  • I have enjoyed two mugs of warm, rich steaming coffee
  • Gus has enjoyed two green, ripe, creamy avocados stolen from the counter

  • I made an english muffin with cream cheese and lemon curd
  • I took pictures from the front step before any cars went down my street
  • 5 people + their 8 or so dogs have been down my street, probably to the park.  We are going for a walk, too, but not yet

  • 2 cars have been down my icy, snow crusted street - one was the newspaper man - his car had a 2 foot pile of snow on top and he was riding along with the windows down.  BRRRRR
  • Lots of birds ar enjoying the feeders.  Glad I had the presence of mind to fill it yesterday, and put a few cups on the ground

  • I'm watching snow fall off the branches of the trees when the wind blows, or a bird lands
  • I was surprised by the bluebird that appeared at the suet feeder, and he's back right now
  • All my friends have visited: both woodpeckers, the towhees, the tufted titmouses, a sparrow, blue jays, doves, a mockingbird


  • Snow in the South is magical, but it is also scary.  I'm thankful that enough fell to be beautiful but didn't bring down tree limbs and then power lines
  • The dogs are barking, I bet the black cat is on the prowl

2 comments:

  1. Good Golly, Miss Molly, that cardinal picture is AWESOME. And the rest are pretty darn good too. I think if I had your set up I'd never leave the window. Wow! Thanks for thinking of ME. I'm delighted!

    Jacksonville got no snow but lots of cold rain. Not nearly as pretty or as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry's right, the cardinal is super. Good for you. Great reading about and seeing your morning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin