Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mixer Lust

Several years ago, my brother and his wife gave me a white Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer. It has a red stripe. I love my mixer. I think I've had it for almost 10 years, and it's just getting started. My most recent serendipity is that I realized I could use the dough hook and make the best ever meatloaf without having to get ground beef under my fingernails [shudder].

Did I say I heart my mixer?

KitchenAid is celebrating 90 years today, and I couldn't resist showing you where the mixer started - courtesy of Chefs catalog online.




Consider this a KitchenAid testimonial. If you don't have one, there's a hot little red anniversary number with your name on it!

6 comments:

  1. Mine is nearly 20 years old, and I love my pasta maker attachment...
    swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh SSG LOVES her Kitchenaid and had NEVER heard about using the dough hook for meatloaf! But she is ALL OVER that now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your's would actually be over 11 years old. Your sweet brother got it for you before I knew ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just now figuring out the meatloaf help your KitchenAid can offer? Wow, that's why I asked for mine. Received it for Christmas five years ago and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Great investment for any household. Seriously. Great gift for a teenager for her hope chest too.

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love my Kitchen Aid. I'm embrassed to say I've never attempted more than cake mixes and Christmas cookies. A bowl with a handle is on my wish list. Can life get things cooler than that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red model...I think I need one. I use my dough hook for sausage balls. They're a snap with it (although I don't think it makes them that much more healthy). I must confess, however, that mine is a love/hate relationship with my KitchenAid. Not long after we were married and I got it, I cracked a tooth - yes, my very front tooth, trying to get the grater attachment off. My dentist tells me when I'm old and decrepid, that tooth is going to just crack off. It should be really attractive.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin