Sunday, April 14, 2013

One Saturday in April

I love my yard in April.  Especially the backyard.  



The creeping jenny and the chocolate chip ajuga complement each other nicely, though the jenny is not playing nicely.  It is trying to smother the ajuga.  But it looks pretty now.


My neighbor's cherry trees are lovely.


Yes, my lot slopes.  Somehow it looks more dramatic here.  Yes I corrected for lens distortion.


LOVE the fern silhouette.



And the prehistoric looking fern forest.


Replanted the planters I've had for years - since an apartment in Montgomery.  Egads, that was a long time ago.


View to the neighbor's side of the yard.


Gus reminds me of Ferdinand the Bull here.  Sort of.


I thought the dogwood was going to die last year.  


These guys are planted under the deck stairs:  trillium from under the pines, solomon's seal and somthing I can't remember the name of.


I've always loved shooting into the light.  When I saw this I imagined that it looked like the plants must feel as they soak up the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Molly, these pics are fantastic. Love the ferns. Smelling Gus makes me smile. Your yard is the perfect place for sitting, pondering and drinking lemonade! Not to mention taking pictures.

    Did you plant everything or inherit them? I wondered around the plant store yesterday and wanted one of everything. Sadly I knew nothing about any of them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin