From Ann Voscamp - 7 Keys to Creativity:
1. Quit trying to fit. Why try to squeeze all your extraordinary into ordinary?
2. God made woman to be a maker, to open her empty places and let life be knit from within her.
3. Creativity, it’s good theology; it’s what God did in the beginning.
4. When we stop fearing failure, we start being artists.
5. Don’t let the sun set till you’ve done one thing that sort of scares you. The only trees that ever grow tall keep relentlessly stretching into unknown territory.
6. Art, it’s the second person present indicative of the verb to be. Art is a way of being and when you make your life art — thou art.
7. Bury your fear in faith. Otherwise you bury your talents.
See #4? that's the one that really spoke to me. Then I re-read it, and it was #3. And then #5. Oh, #6...#6 is spot on.
I think these are pretty good keys for living, not just art. But maybe that's what she meant.