Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sombreuil


This is my heirloom rose.  That I totally neglect.  But at least once a year it gives me a dazzling display.

And it's happening right now.  I selected it sight unseen from a catalog, but when they said it had a wonderful fragrance, I was sold.  White flowers are usually my favorite fragrance in cologne, so I thought, why not?

Along with the divine fragrance and the lovely flowers, there are thorns.  Not your average hybrid-tea rose thorns, but some mack-daddy thorns.  Prehistoric, even.

I'm sure that's an analogy for something.

But I'm not sure what.

I'm going to get a band aid.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was some kind of buzzing creature so I could stick my nose right down in and inhale the fragrance. My gardenias have begun to bloom, and some other heady smelling thing that I can't pinpoint but is rather intoxicating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing~
    you said MACK-Daddy!
    those must be some impressive thorns...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin