Friday, December 19, 2008

Wrapping it Up


Okay, it's been a while since I've come up with an Poverty Post offering. Let's not waste time thinking why that might be.

Tonight I came up with mine: wrapping paper.

You know those premium rolls you buy from co-worker's children to raise money for schools?

The kind that's great quality, heavy duty and beautiful?

And they are stored safely upstairs in your attic/bonus room?

And you had your family over at Thanksgiving?

And went upstairs to see what was so amusing that it kept the cousins upstairs running around for a looooong time?

And found them using the premium wrapping paper rolls as swords in their mock battles?

Well, alrighty then, you know about having to come up with an alternative to that paper since you don't want to buy more.

Here's mine: paper grocery bags. I know it's not a new idea, but it's a good idea. And good ideas should be shared. Anyway, paper bag wrapping with your cool ribbon that could not be put to use in the mock sword fights looks pretty great. I briefly thought of putting the store logo on the back, but decided that treating it like a Polo, Coach, or Juicy logo could be fun.

Bonus: uses something that is taking up space in my small house!

Plus this particular package was wrapped with a bag from Trader Joe's. Did I mention I'm thinking of moving in with Trader Joe?

2 comments:

  1. So cool and looks really great. I am impressed. I haven't even thought about the wrapping part yet...I am so behind and your idea may have lessened my stress about the situation.

    Have a wonderful day, sweetie!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paper wrapping too! When I was little my uncle showed me how to make stamps out of potatoes and we stamped the plain side of the bag and wrapped gifts that year. I still remember it 25 years later!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin