Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Farmer in the Dell

It's damp, gray and fretfully spitting rain this morning, so after two wonderful, whirlwind days of making merry (i love that phrase), I woke up this morning and had two leisurely mugs of coffee. For breakfast I dined on a chicken dish that had the same ingredients as a breakfast casserole, so I thought "why not?".

Deciding that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single load, I scaled the laundry mountain and started a load. Then the dogs and I went for a long walk to work off the kinks from being inside for two days and feasting for the same two days - and in a car the day before.

So here at Casa de Shedding Retriever, we will be burrowing in and taking it easy. There might be a late afternoon excursion, and I will do some internet shopping for more RAM and more hard drive space, but other than that, it's going to be a low key day for me. I also need to look through the photos I took and evaluate the difference in the lenses and figure out what to share and what to discard.

But for now, I will leave you with the newest family member on the occasion of his new occupation: The Farmer in the Dell.


P.S. The photo is a little blurry as the Farmer would not be still and the center of focus is somewhere over the pig sty. I imagine that's a trait of farmers everywhere, as there is so much to do before sleep.

3 comments:

  1. The farm was always my favorite...I was a little people addict and probably still am. LOL

    Enjoy your down time...

    Love ya,

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, he is too precious. Why are little kids SO cute?! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was too. I still have leftovers I'm about to go heat up for a late lunch! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in heaven...all the college bowl games and pro football today. The heck with the laundry.

    Hope you're having a great holiday, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin