Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Finer Things

Around 10 pm or so, I usually check the locks, turn off the tv and lights, brush my teeth and head for my bed, only to find the middle occupied by two tired exhausted, sound asleep pooches. Who crack an eye to see if I'm buying it.




They good naturedly move when I tell them to, amid much exaggerated yawning and stretching and easing along to see if I might forget what I told them.





I get in and get settled with my book, and they promptly get right back up on the foot of the bed. When it's cold, like it is now, they like to snuggle ( in the summertime they sleep on the floor vents).

I think a loyal dog sleeping at the foot of the bed is one of the finer things in life.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww ... that makes me want to crawl right back into bed and I agree wholeheartedly! But WHY do the always have to go for the middle?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, the best things in life, Pooch hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin