Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shoot the Lawyer Twice - Book Review

I got another book to review. It was called Shoot the Lawyer Twice by Michael Bower and it is the 4th in a series featuring Rep and Melissa Pennyworth. I had the hardest time getting engaged in the book. I wanted to like it, I really did.

Mysteries are my favorite in all their forms: cozies, whodunnits... I can't think of any more forms, but I'm sure you understand.

Last weekend I made myself finish it. Part of my problem is that when I am really busy at work, my mind is too tired to read. When I was younger I never thought that could happen.

I didn't allow myself to read the other reviewers until I finished. Then I went and looked. Boy, they didn't like it either.

There was too much going on, and it was too hard to make connections between the various threads. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. I liked the main characters. It seemed a lot of work for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin