Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hanging' with the Hawk

Sunday, I was sitting on the steps with the dogs when I heard a furious Blue Jay screaming.  I scanned the surrounding trees and saw nothing.  Then a large shadow crossed the ground, and when I looked up, this hawk was crossing my yard and landed here.



Close up:  See his eye?!  This is with my 55-200 lens fully racked out.  This lens is not what I'd call a professional grade lens, but when I cropped the photo, I could clearly see him eyeing me, or probably the glint of the lens.  "You eyeing me, boy?" [Name that movie]



Soon the furious Blue Jay was joined by a crack head Mockingbird who tempted fate by dive bombing the hawk.








And in a fit of goodwill, the hawk forebore ending the Mockingbird's singing career and decided to stretch his wings.


I would guess the hawk on that limb was about 300 ft away from where I was on the deck.

1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating new toy!

    P.S. I'm loving the Valentines!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin